Friday, March 2, 2012

Coffee Can Help Reduce Cancer Risk (****MAYBE)

  I just read an article from The Huffington Post about coffee reducing the risk of certain types of cancer.  It looks like it is on a few specific cancers, and the ingredient that helps is caffeine, so this does not count for decaf.
  Now this was a research paper presented at the American Association for Cancer Research, but the article in the Huffington post doesn't link to the research.  I did a search on the AACR website, but have not yet been able to find it.  Perhaps it is still under peer review.  When you see an article about a health study, it is always good to look at the research.  I'm going to take this article with a grain of salt, we don't know the sample size, and a few other factors that tell us something about how much we can trust the article.
  This article tells me a bit more about The Huffington Post that it does about the study for coffee, you should always link to the research source, or explain why it isn't available!

No comments:

Post a Comment